Will this memory work in my iMac?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by icetraxxg5, Apr 13, 2003.

1. icetraxxg5 macrumors 6502

2. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

still seems kinda pricey for ram...maybe you should check www.pricewatch.com

i just looked and you can get a 512mb for under $50 without needing to send in a rebate

note...don't always trust manufacturer rebates. the manufacture strictly will say on the rebate that theyDO NOT need to give the rebate if they want to discontinue it at any time...i've been screwed over and seen people get screwed over by rebates before.

3. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

oh...and...that's NOTEBOOK memory...IE...for notebooks

4. ebow macrumors 6502a

ebow

Other World Computing's memory section lists PowerBooks in the descriptions for iMac (FP) memory. And I think I've read posts elsewhere in which users expressed being annoyed that the new iMacs take notebook memory, which is usually more expensive.

5. icetraxxg5 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well the iMac does take notebook (sodimm) memory so it is more pricey then desktop memory... Well anyway, i bought the memory and it works! PC2700 is backwards compatible with PC2100. I'm happy. :D

BTW- I only paid $59 for the memory and it has a $25 mail in rebate but $59 is reasonable for pc2700 sodimm 256mb of ram.