Will this memory work on my G5?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by iBert, Oct 10, 2004.

1. iBert macrumors regular

iBert

Hey all, I built a gaming rig last year. And since I switched in January to Macs, their is no need for my gaming rig. I bought this memory . Corsair do you think it will work on my G5?

Any help will be greatly appreciated! :)

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Should do, it's 400MHz DDR3200, which is the memory spec the G5 requires.

3. iBert thread starter macrumors regular

iBert

has anyone tried to use this type of memory on a G5. I called the people at Corsair, and they tol that their could be a problem of the clocks not be syncronized. Has anyone used a memory that has not been tested on a G5. I'm thinking of upgrading the RAM on my G5, but don't have the $$$$ for new memory. So I want to use the memory on my P4. Will appreciate any help provided.

4. iBert thread starter macrumors regular

iBert

Well i went on ahead and installed the memory. At least followed the advice corsair rep gave me. Don't mix different types of memory. I think he meant about latency issues. So, I guess it's safe to say that as long as all the memory one uses on the G5 they should try to match up latency and speed. That way less conflicts. At least I hope that is the case. And also hope that I don't run into any type of conflicts with my new RAM. Did pay a lot for them, a while back :D