Will this MIDI USB Keyboard work with OS X/GB?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by sethypoo, Jan 9, 2004.

1. sethypoo macrumors 68000

Can anyone tell me if the Midiman Keystation 61 USB Keyboard will work with Mac OS X? The box says it will work with 8.6 or later, does this also mean that it will work with OS X and GarageBand?

Thanks.
    Seth

2. jaison13 macrumors regular

i would say yes.

from what i read, any usb or midi keyboard will work with GB.

3. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

I have a 7 year-old Yamaha Portatone 220 with full size, touch-sensitive keys. It has a midi interface.

I know I'll be able to record with it using the line in on my Mac (audio recording, like with a guitar), but it would be nice to take advantage of GarageBand's MIDI features. How do I connect my keyboard to my Mac? Do I have to buy some sort of USB device with MIDI ports in it? How much will that cost? They are selling that new USB midi keyboard for £69...

4. kanker macrumors 6502

Anything that can generate MIDI information will work. If you don't have a USB MIDI controller, you'll need something like this or this.

5. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

Yes it will work fine. The entire Keystation series and the Oxygen 8/Ozone all use the same OS X driver.

6. chicagdan macrumors 6502a

Kanker is right, I have the Uno that I use to hook up my Casio keyboard, works great. I had to download a OS X driver off the midiman website, but that was a breeze.