Will this RAM work with my Mac MIni?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by macrlz9, Jan 26, 2005.

1. macrlz9 macrumors 6502

macrlz9

I have been looking for a ram upgrade for my Mac Mini... i've been using it with 256 and that is not nearly enough. will this work for my mini? if not anyone have any recomendations? i don't have much money to spend so i think 512 is what i will be getting. thanks for all your help?

2. vtprinz macrumors 6502

I thought I remembered reading here that, as of yet, there are no third party options for memory in the mini. You have to go through apple.

Then again, my memory is terrible :rolleyes:

Also, I don't know if that was installation based (not sure if you can actually open the mini yourself) or compatabiliy based.

3. macrlz9 thread starter macrumors 6502

macrlz9

well i know it voids your warrany to do it yourself, i asked the sales guy when i went to purchase the mini over the phone. but it is possible it's standard ram but i know macs sometimes are picky so i was wondering what will work with the mini and if that link i gave is a good choice.

4. macrlz9 thread starter macrumors 6502

macrlz9

i guess not enough people have mac mini's yet to give me advise lol but if anyone knows how to find out if that memory or any other would work with the mini, thanks!

5. candan9019 macrumors regular

Yes it will work, and you only void your warranty if you break it when you open it. It's hard to get into though. There are some descriptions of how to open it I don't have the link handy though.

6. macrlz9 thread starter macrumors 6502

macrlz9

cool, do you think that is a good price for the ram?

7. candan9019 macrumors regular

It looks like a good price. It's cheaper than crucial and It's brand name.

Found some links. Here and Here

Do a search there's plenty more.

8. candan9019 macrumors regular

Actually the days of Apple specific ram are gone. Macs use standard ram now.