Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Yes, good luck with your purchase. What are you planning to hookup? I would recommend upgrading your iBook to 10.3.9. I have one just like yours, it runs 10.3.9 just fine. Just be sure to do a Repair Permissions.

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
I had an older iBook G3 and it had a different video out connector than my new G4 model. My G3 had the reset button and used a circular video out connector (as i remember) so this cable may not be compatible with yours.

Apple said:
Compatible with:
iBook without an external reset button, 12-inch PowerBook G4, eMac, iMac G5, or 17-inch iMac (1GHz) with mini-VGA port.

Have a look at the side of the ibook. The connector second from the right is the connector needed for that cable. The right most connector is the head phone socket.

reberto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
I just

wdlove said:
Yes, good luck with your purchase. What are you planning to hookup? I would recommend upgrading your iBook to 10.3.9. I have one just like yours, it runs 10.3.9 just fine. Just be sure to do a Repair Permissions.

It is not even here yet. My iBook should arrive by 11 A.M on Friday. And I also have a 512 chip here to put into it. I plan to hook it up to my TV's. (20 and 32)

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
TBi said:
I had an older iBook G3 and it had a different video out connector than my new G4 model. My G3 had the reset button and used a circular video out connector (as i remember) so this cable may not be compatible with yours.

Have a look at the side of the ibook. The connector second from the right is the connector needed for that cable. The right most connector is the head phone socket.
TBi is correct. The iBook that is described will have the external reset button, therefore, the video cable will not work with it. You'll need a different video cable.

This is the one you want. LINK

ft

reberto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
ftaok said:
TBi is correct. The iBook that is described will have the external reset button, therefore, the video cable will not work with it. You'll need a different video cable.

This is the one you want. LINK

ft

The link you posted does not work. :mad:

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
reberto said:
The link you posted does not work. :mad:
Sorry. The links to the Apple Store timeout after a while. The cable you want is called the "Apple AV Cable for iBook". It's on the 3rd page of the Cable section in the Apple Store. It's $19 and plugs into the AV jack on the side of the iBook.

It only has RCA (composite) plugs for connecting to TVs and VCRs. I don't think the original white iBooks had S-video capabilities.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.