Will this work on my G3?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by reberto, Jul 27, 2005.

1. reberto macrumors 65816

reberto

2. Ph4lynx macrumors member

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Yes, good luck with your purchase. What are you planning to hookup? I would recommend upgrading your iBook to 10.3.9. I have one just like yours, it runs 10.3.9 just fine. Just be sure to do a Repair Permissions.

4. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

i'd definitely get some more RAM before you start messing around with video...

5. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

I had an older iBook G3 and it had a different video out connector than my new G4 model. My G3 had the reset button and used a circular video out connector (as i remember) so this cable may not be compatible with yours.

Have a look at the side of the ibook. The connector second from the right is the connector needed for that cable. The right most connector is the head phone socket.

6. reberto thread starter macrumors 65816

reberto

I just

It is not even here yet. My iBook should arrive by 11 A.M on Friday. And I also have a 512 chip here to put into it. I plan to hook it up to my TV's. (20 and 32)

7. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

TBi is correct. The iBook that is described will have the external reset button, therefore, the video cable will not work with it. You'll need a different video cable.

This is the one you want. LINK

ft

8. reberto thread starter macrumors 65816

reberto

The link you posted does not work. :mad:

9. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

Sorry. The links to the Apple Store timeout after a while. The cable you want is called the "Apple AV Cable for iBook". It's on the 3rd page of the Cable section in the Apple Store. It's $19 and plugs into the AV jack on the side of the iBook.

It only has RCA (composite) plugs for connecting to TVs and VCRs. I don't think the original white iBooks had S-video capabilities.