Will this work with an ?TV?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by MBP123, Mar 22, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

http://www.shopping.com/xPF-Insignia-IS-TV040919~r-1~CLT-INTR~RFR-www.google.com

It says there is one component input

Rear Input Connectors S-Video x 1 • Component x 1 • Composite x 1 • Audio (RCA) x 1 • RF x 1

I get very confused with TVs and inputs and the like. I know the ?TV doesnt support composite, but i thought it needed 3 ports for component, yet that TV only has 1 component port. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

2. macrumors 601

liketom

question is why would you ? but i would doubt that would work IMO

Warranty
    Tube Warranty 90 Days
    Overall Warranty 90 Days

you are kidding on the warranty right?

3. macrumors regular

why would i? because I have 700gb of music photo and videos on my laptop w/ external HD, that id like to watch in the living room (at college), instead of on my 15inch screen in my room

why wouldnt it work? i thought all it needed was component?

4. macrumors regular

my roomate has the tv....i could care less about the tv, i am just curious as to if this would work or not

5. jsw
    Moderator emeritus

jsw

I think it means one set of component ports. But...
    Apple TV works with widescreen, enhanced-definition or high-definition TVs capable of 1080i, 720p, 576p, or 480p resolutions, including popular models from these manufacturers.​
    So I think it's not supported, as it's standard-def.

6. macrumors regular

i just called up apple, and they said so long as it has the component (green blue red) on it, it will work.....just might be stretched imaged and so forth, but that it will display......