Will tiger include ???

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by liketom, Mar 4, 2005.

1. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

Just had a thought ? will the retail version of 10.4 include iTunes/iMovie/iPhoto ect ....

i think the retail version of Panther came with the older ilife aps?

2. mslifkin macrumors regular

mslifkin

It would probably have the latest version of iTunes, but that would be all from iLife 05. I don't think they would put iPhoto, iMovie, and iDVD from Panther in there (they were the last "free" versions) and I also don't think they would put the iLife 05 versions in either. Maybe that's why they didn't wait to release iLife 05; they didn't want both of them out at the same time. $129 for Tiger plus $79 for iLife 05 plus $79 for iWork ... Just a thought.

Regards,
    Marc

3. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Tiger will include iTunes, it will not include the rest of iLife (Panther didn't either). iLife is free with a new Mac, it is not free with a new OS upgrade.

4. liketom thread starter macrumors 601

liketom

so what will happen then if :

new mac now say iMac -comes with ilife on the restore dvd which has the OS 10.3 + iLife Apps on , then you buy tiger 10.4 and instal with a clean install

can you instal iLife on top of tiger from the panther restore dvd ?

5. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

Yes do tell! I've wondered the same thing. I figured I'd have to do a reinstall from my 10.3 restore DVD, then do an archive and install with 10.4. :rolleyes:

6. Norouzi macrumors 6502

I believe there is an iLife installer on the restore disks that can be run seperatly than the restore. Someone else will have to confirm this, but I believe what you'd do is a clean install of Tiger, then use the package installer for iLife 05 to install that.

7. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Well Panther actually has the older versions of iPhoto, iDVD, and iMovie on there. Couldn't it in theory have iLife 04 or will they still bundle iPhoto 2 with it?

8. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

Yes, you can use Pacifist to install individual programs instead of the whole OS itself.