will u rather get the acessories or a new gadget

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DarkNetworks, Oct 22, 2005.

1. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

Apr 12, 2005
    Hm...i'm thinking, would u rather spend your money on getting the gadget or getting acessories for ur gadgets?
    like will u rather buy an iSight or buy acessories for ur iBook like bads, covers, pads, stands, etc....just an example...what would u go for acessories or gadgets?
  2. Whyren macrumors 6502a

Jun 3, 2004
    east of the West and west of the East
    Hmm...depends on where you draw the line, as some people might consider iPods accessories for their computers. For me, though, probably accessories such as RAM and video card for my aging computer. I'm fine with my gadgets for now...a new computer wouldn't be too bad, but then I'd have yet another computer lying around.
  3. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Feb 2, 2005
    I chose to go with an Incase Sling Pack rather than a (rather substantial) 7200 rpm HD replacement for my new iBook. I figured the ability to store more data much faster wouldn't matter to me if the computer was broken or stolen, but then again I was probably just being paranoid (and I needed a new backpack anyway for school).
  4. chucknorris macrumors 6502a

Jun 28, 2005
    Moscow, ID (No Kremlin here!)
    Normally I would buy a new gadget, but the only thing I need right now (assuming a reasonable budget) is an external DVD burner.

If I was given a few hundred dollars, I would put most of it in the bank and use the rest on accessories.
  5. mcadam macrumors 6502a

Apr 3, 2004
    It appears to me that gadget are most often more expensive than accesories.

I buy accesories when I have a brand new gadget that needs it and/or when I can't afford a gadget but need to satisfy my wet tech-dreams. At the moment I would like some new earphones and a case for my iPod Mini.

6. devilot Moderator emeritus

May 1, 2005
    I agree... and that is because I feel like these days, gadgets don't come w/ the accessories that I feel they should come with! :p Feels like everything you purchase, whether big or small (cough30GB/60GBviPodornano), has hidden costs. ;)
  7. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

Jan 9, 2005
    At the Airport. UK
    im the kind of person, who (to take the ipod video as an example) will not buy the gadget until there are adequate accessories for it. i did that with my photo, when agent 18 released a case, it gave me that extra push to say....i will buy it now. the same thing happened when they released the camera connector.