Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rushmere

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 28, 2006
New Zealand
I was about to install Vista RC1 on my iMac, but I'm now having second thoughts.

I've read that Microsoft has included EFI support in Vista so far, but they plan to remove it when the final version is released.

Does anyone know if that is still their plan? If so, I guess that means the final release will not work under Bootcamp?

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Are you kidding me? They are so happy up in Redmond. We'll sell Mac users Office and a copy of Windows. Ballmer's boner was so big when he found about about Boot Camp that he couldn't jump around screaming, Mac users, Mac users, Mac users.

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
rdowns said:
Are you kidding me? They are so happy up in Redmond. We'll sell Mac users Office and a copy of Windows. Ballmer's boner was so big when he found about about Boot Camp that he couldn't jump around screaming, Mac users, Mac users, Mac users.

Is the boner reference really necessary? :rolleyes:

And yes, they probably are. :p

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
tominated said:
1 reason: The vista beta is like a trial version. in runs out when the real vista arrives.

The OP is asking about the final release, not the beta. They want to know whether MS is going to break Mac support in the final version.

NATO

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
rdowns said:

lol..... At least this time he's not jumping around screaming "Developers! Developers! Developers!"... well you get the point :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.