Will we see Sims 2 on the Mac?

Discussion in 'Games' started by neoelectronaut, Jul 19, 2004.

1. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Will we see The Sims 2 on the Mac? My girlfriend is getting her first iBook in the next few months and she's a big fan of the Sims games. I'm assuming she'll want the Sims 2 once it's released.

Think it'll even run on the (to some, puny) iBook she gets?

Current PC Requirements:
    If you have a T&L capable video card with at least 32 MB of video RAM (such as nvidia GeForce 2 or better or ATI Radeon 7000 or better) then you need at least:
    • 600 MHz P3 processor
    • 256 MB RAM if Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98 or Windows 2000
    • At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space
    If you have a non-T&L capable video card (such as TNT2 or Intel Integrated for example) then you need at least:
    • 1.5 GHz processor
    • 256 MB RAM if Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98, or Windows 2000
    • At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space
    Recommended video cards (and the more video memory the better):
    • ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
    • Nvidia Geforce 4 or FX series cards

2. MentalFabric macrumors 6502

MentalFabric

there will be, they posted this:

I am a Mac user too! There will be a Mac version of Sims 2 - We haven't announced the release date yet.

here:

http://thesims2.ea.com/chat_07_02_04.php

edit: if it's a new ibook i think the sims 2 should run fine on it.

3. applekid macrumors 68020

It's not confirmed by any porting hog houses at the moment, but I'm sure it'll be released eventually. That EA chat post is very reassuring.

Those requirements should be higher now. Then again, it might be possible with lower settings. I'm expecting to see a requirement of at least a 700 MHz G3/G4/G5 and at least a GeForce2MX (since that's what it always is).

Maxis' games are getting pretty demanding lately, so I think we'll need some decent machines, both PCs and Macs. Look at SimCity 4 and the later Sims expansions.

Maybe someone should make a sticky to create a FAQ like the one at IMG. We're getting the same exact questions again and again lat