Will Xbox and GC A/V cables work with Xbox 360 and Wii?

Discussion in 'Games' started by weldon, Nov 20, 2006.

1. weldon macrumors 6502a

weldon

I'm looking at pictures online and I'm trying to decide if my existing HD component cables for the Xbox will work with the Xbox 360. The connector looks to be the same, but does anyone have personal experience with swapping these between systems?

I have the Monster Cable HD connectors w/ optical audio and I was thinking I could buy the core system from Amazon for $100 on Thursday and forgo the system with 20GB drive if I knew I didn't have to buy the HD adapter.

Also, the a/v cable was interchangeable between the Nintendo 64 and the Gamecube. Is this still possible with the Wii? At least for composite video? I would upgrade to component later anyways, but I thought I would ask.

2. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

I don't know about the xbox but I remember hearing that the GC cables would not work with the Wii.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

different ports on both machines, so as clayj says.

(ps like the new avatar clayj :) )

4. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

It sucks that Nintendo decided to change the AV slot after so long :( I kept my GC component cables for nothing!!!

And clayj's boys the Panther's ain't goin no where. His boy Steve Smith is gonna tear his MCL/ACL/both and Delomme got no game ;) They are so bad even the Packers could beat them...with Favre :eek:

5. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Man, if you're gonna talk trash, at least talk trash that MIGHT make sense... Patriots 35-0 over the Packers in Green Bay? Stick a fork in Favre; he's done.

6. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

lol I was joking about Favre, the Packers need to do exactly that, Pack'r in.