Will Xbox "Family Guy" work on 360?

Discussion in 'Games' started by hellodon, Oct 12, 2006.

1. hellodon macrumors 6502

Jan 19, 2006
    This comes out very soon, and as a huge fan of the show...i'd like to pick up the game....but since it's not coming to xbox 360, I'm wondering if the xbox version will work on the 360 console?

Anyone know - or maybe know where I can find this out?

I don't really know how the backwards compatibility thing works....if it's just the list of games they already have on the site and that's it, or if the newer original xbox games coming out will work...

Thanks in advance!
  2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Jun 29, 2006
    To answer your question fully -

It will not work out of the box. Microsoft's emulation is achieved through software, rather than hardware, and as such takes longer. They've stated that they eventually plan on emulating all original Xbox titles, but that may take some time. So yes, the only place to find out is the official Xbox website (well, barring game sites that mirror the Xbox site). And eventually Microsoft might get around to emulating your game. Just don't hope that it happens fast.
  3. MRU macrumors demi-god

Aug 23, 2005
    Though most of the 'new' releases seem to be on the backwards compatability list v.quickly. Your best bet is to wait till it's release and then just hire it out for the night. If it works then rush out and buy it....

But after the appauling 'Futurama' game, i'm not looking forward to 'Family Guy' game at all..
  4. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    ^Ditto. But folk say this game is alright. I can't see that myself honestly. Simpsons and Futurama games have destroyed my faith in TV>Game crossovers.