will you be using screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by yourtoys7, Mar 15, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

Just wondering who will be using screen protector? If I get a white one, than I will not, but if black than anti glare from power support.
    will you use one, why or why not?

2. macrumors 65816

I have a new PS antiglare. I'll put it on and hopefully it won't interfer with the display. I really love my PS antiglare. Not just for the antiglare but for the anti- fingerprint too.

3. macrumors 68030

No...don't care about the glare and have had an ipad1, ipad2 and now the 3 - never scratched one yet. I use a stylus so my screen never gets oily...

4. macrumors member

Yes, a Power Support Crystal film.

5. macrumors 68030

^This.

Phone: yes; pad: no.

6. macrumors regular

7. macrumors 6502

i'm going without. you don't really need one for an iPad as you don't shove it in your pockets like a phone.

8. macrumors 68000

richpjr

I have always used one on all my smart phones and on my original iPad and on the wife's iPad 2. I have one coming in with the Incipio case I bought but am not sure if I will put it on or not. I always keep it in a case and have never scratched the screen protectors so I may go naked this time around.

9. macrumors 6502

^ go for it. the screen is so much nicer to use without a protector.

10. macrumors member

Had a launch day iPad 1 and never used a screen protector, but it was always in a case. When I sold it on March 1st, there was not one single scratch on the screen. I'm doing without the screen protector on my new iPad as well.

I did put a screen protector on my iPhone since it's either in my pocket, my bag, and it's on the "move" more than my iPad.

11. macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

I don't use a screen protectors anymore. I used to but I really enjoy my devices more without them.

12. macrumors 6502

I used one on my iPad 1 and on my iPhone 4S now. One of the biggest factors for the iPad wasn't scratching it, it was fingerprints and reflection.

It's a magnet for both of those! I tried to put 1 of my 2, MediaDevil protectors on this morning, didn't go so well though. Not sure if I'm going to bother with the other.. Cost £15 though so not cheap

13. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just got the black iPad3, the anti glare would be more anti finger prints. I'm not worried about scratching but more about the glare/ finger prints.

14. macrumors 603

Menel

Yes. To thwart sun and overhead light glare.

Powersupport seems to be working on a revised AG version... while the iPad 2 one should still work, and I'm tempted as I have amazon credits...

I'm curious what they have coming... I assume they are just going to milk people for changing the print on packaging... but on the off chance there are improvements... the powersupport AG is very very good, but there is still room for more clarity. hmmmm dammit can't decide.

15. macrumors 6502

I can't bring myself too. These screens are just to gorgeous, not just the new iPad, but even the iPad 2.

I might read some reviews & see how the anti-glares do. But at this point I'd say no. I haven't use one on my iPad 2 yet, had it since launch, & it's been great.

16. macrumors regular

H to the NO!

17. macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Naw.

18. macrumors member

19. macrumors 65816

No, I am just careful. I tried a couple, but could just not get a flawless installation. Still on an iPad 1 (until later today) but the screen looks flawless.

20. macrumors 65816

I am NOT using a screen protector and no one else should either. Unless you use your iPad on a construction site, you will never see a scratch on the Corning Gorilla Glass and the thing has an HD Retina display that a piece of Clingwrap ruins.

The only side of the The New iPad that needs protection is the back. Aluminum scratches easily, can't even lay the thing down on a coffee table without back protection.

If you insist on putting on a screen protector, just buy the low-res iPad 2. Otherwise, you're spending money for an HD screen you won't see.

BJ

21. macrumors G3

puckhead193

I plan to. Will the ones that work with the iPad 2 work with the new iPad? What about the back?

22. macrumors 6502

marmiteturkey

That is simply not true; I got a couple of scratches on my last iPad for thinking the same thing, and I don't consider myself to be particularly rough on my gadgets. GG is tough; but not scratch proof.

23. macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

I've moved away from screen protectors. I don't use them any longer on my iPhones and find them better looking as a result. I had a screen protector on my iPad 1 but will go without on the new iPad.

24. macrumors 6502

It's not just about scratching though. The glass is so reflective (especially when used outside or for example in my college where there are very big windows) and as far as I remember it just had so many fingerprints..

25. macrumors regular

The screens on Apple devices are way too nice feeling for me to put a screen protector on it!

I use my iPhone daily, multiple hours on end each day, and I don't have a screen protector on it. Not a scratch...and this phone is in my pocket all day.

My iPad will have some sort of smart cover + case, and I don't plan on traveling with it too much anyway :p