All iPads Will you buy an iPad 5?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Squilly, Apr 19, 2013.

1. macrumors 68020

Squilly

Will you buy an iPad 5 if it includes the features everyone's thinking? Or iPad Mini for that matter? Based on current rumors:
    iPad 5: Possibly higher resolution display, new color scheme, thinner, lighter design, faster processor.
    iPad Mini: Faster, retina display.

I'm really interested in the iPad 5, might pull the trigger on it.

2. macrumors 6502a

DesertEagle

I'll get one of them. Probably the mini if it comes with retina (and only then).

3. macrumors regular

I've been going back and forth. I bought a mini a couple weeks ago, and it is awesome but if the 5 really looks like the mini, I might save up for one and/or sell my mini.

4. macrumors member

If the charging time is less than that of the iPad 3, then I most likely will get it.

5. macrumors 601

cambookpro

I'm getting the iPad 5 pretty much whatever, since the iPad 1 is almost unusable on Safari now. Retina will be a great upgrade from our iPad 2, too.

Also would definitely consider a iPad mini for my personal use too, it it had a retina screen.

6. thread starter macrumors 68020

Squilly

Chances are it won't be increased. That's up to the charger and size of battery.

7. macrumors 68040

Badrottie

Yes I will get an iPad 5 for sure. :apple:

8. macrumors 65816

BenTrovato

I probably won't since I have the 4 but I won't be delusional saying the 4 is better than the 5 like all those threads of people saying the 3 is better than the 4 :D

9. macrumors 68020

The form factor refinements alone are enough to make the iPad 5 a must have for me. I look forward to being one of the first to get my hands on one.

I enjoy my Mini, but without retina it's a true compromise. I'm going to be very glad when Apple offers them with Retina. I will be a buyer immediately.

10. thread starter macrumors 68020

Squilly

Agreed.

11. macrumors 6502

AC Rempt

If it's a compelling upgrade, sure. I am content with my 3 for now, but if Apple brings the love and comes out with a significantly improved iPad--new lighter design, more power, iOS overhaul--I'm in.

12. macrumors member

I think I will. Got a mini now, like the size but dos t use it much. Been using my iPhone 5 more. A normal sized iPad would fit me better. Had a 3 earlier and it screen was great but it felt a it big. New thinner design hopefully change that.

13. mrmarts, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013

macrumors 65816

I'am torn between the two, i need to go to the shops and play around with Mini's Safari app to see if I'am comfortable reading websites on a smaller screen without the need to zoom in or out like the full sized iPad. If i like it i will wait and see if the next Mini comes with a retina display and 128gb of storage, otherwise i think i will go for another iPad I guess i still cannot go wrong with a quad core cpu, 128 storage, lightening connector, slimmer design and less weight than my previous iPad 3.

----------

I still say the mini looks sexier than iPad 5 due to its smaller dimensions.

14. macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

If it's thinner and lighter, I'd definitely go with the 5.

iPad Mini wins people's heart by being significantly lighter and thinner, and look cute too with thinner bezel.

Now if iPad 5 could approach the same level of Mini, along with Retina, bigger battery and speedier SoC, oh boy ain't that a geek haven?

15. macrumors 6502a

I will either keep the 3 or replace with a mini 2 if it has retina.

16. macrumors 68040

I am personally tempted to, if only for the 4G and improved specs, plus the move to lightning to keep up with the 5s later this year.

17. macrumors 65816

Absolutely. In a heart beat. I can't wait. Wish it was tomorrow. I have an iPad 3. I'm ready for whatever Sir Ives and his crew have come up with.

18. macrumors 6502

Properly not as the iPad 4 screen, 128g and 4g Is all great. I don't see how Apple can improve the iPad greatly from now on.

19. macrumors 6502a

flameproof

As an iPad 3 user - No.

(But wonder why Samsung didn't bring out anything in the 9-10" range, something with S-Pen I could fancy, but Note 10.1 seems old now)

20. macrumors demi-god

ChristianJapan

there is a very good chance that I upgrade from my iPad3, specially if I can get a 128GB version

21. macrumors 6502a

Uofmtiger

I have a 3 and I am not sure at this point. It will probably depend on what features are added. The size/weight of the 3 isn't an issue for me at all, the battery and the speed is fine for how I use it.

I also have a 4s, so the 30 pin connector works better for me, too. I may wait another year, but I said the same thing aout the 4s and then they added mirroring, Siri and a better camera and I had to have it. I guess I will wait and see.

22. macrumors 68030

APlotdevice

Depending on when I have enough money, I will either buy an iPad 4 or an iPad 5. Either one is going to be a huge step up from what I have now.

23. neutrino23, Apr 20, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2013

macrumors 65816

Really? Why? Nothing against your choice. Just curious. I have the 64GB version and I have about 29GB free. I'll go for the 64GB next time. Do you carry a lot of movies? I just checked my usagemand it seems rather spread out.

(Edited to correct my actual stats. I misread them the first time.)

24. macrumors demi-god

ChristianJapan

I have 64GB now and 12 GB free ... Still some space. But some games getting bigger and bigger; and quite some pictures and video recording with family.

I could also cleanup :rolleyes:

25. macrumors G5

Macman45

I'd love to say no, I'm sticking with my 4, but if the proposed / rumoured spec. hikes turn out to be true, then yes, I probably will....I want a 128GB model wifi only....That's the deal for me 128GB or no sale.