Will you recommend Bluetooth module

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by pbagaindoc, Jun 30, 2005.

1. pbagaindoc macrumors member

dying to switch to mac, will you recommend bluetooth (wireless keyboard and mouse) or just stick with standard for my Power Mac. Is this powered by a rechargable battery. Please someone tell me how this work! Thank you in advance! :)

2. finalcoolman macrumors 6502

Yes, if you go BTO definantly get Bluetooth, you don't need to get the mouse keyboard right away, you can always get it later but definantly get Bluetooth, it's like the cheapest option avaialble. It keeps your possibilities open in the future for your Mac!

3. apple_g5 macrumors member

apple_g5

I didn't do use the Bluetooth BTO option, because it's quite expensive compared to a little BT 2 Dongle you can get for half the money...

4. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

I highly recommend the internal BlueTooth module (whether or not you get the wireless mouse/keyboard). It is slightly more expensive than an add-on USB dongle, but it's MUCH MUCH more convenient. I use my internal BlueTooth with a cell phone, as well as for easy computer to computer file transfers.

5. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

bluetooth is one of those things that you think you won't be too moved by untill you use it. Also, why spoil the aesthetics of a mac (and loose a usb port) by wacking a bluetooth dongle thingy on the side!

6. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

I would recommend it, if you decide you want a bluetooth get the internal one. I have used the external ones and have had some problems with it. I dont use bluetooth keyboard or mouse but just bec i bluetooth mouses are a bit slower then normals ones and that extra speed helps me for WoW :)