Will you survive an asteroid hit?

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Apr 13, 2004.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

omg, that's too funny...how do you come up with such colorful stuff week after week ;)

i know there is going to be a major asteroid hit...it happens every few million years and because ben affleck was in a movie concerning asteroids, it's bound to happen this decade...without a doubt

nostradamus was wrong about the end of the world as we know it in july 1999 but then again many thought 1999 was a good round number for the end of times

the bible code calls for an asteroid hit between 2010 or soon thereafter...no later than 2012

it also says the end times started in 2003 where the middle east and whole world will be completely without war or conflict for seven years

and then in 2010, seven years later, all hell will break loose..including that asteroid ;)

but last time i checked, since 2003 the world has not seemed very peaceful and conflict free

2. Vector macrumors 6502a

Vector

Some think the Mayan calendar says the world will end in december 2012, but natives think these people are wrong. The world, according to the natives interpretation of the calendar, will not end but rather will be transformed. This is a PDF of the article: www.mayamysteryschool.com/pdf files/Carlos_Barrios.pdf

3. pooky macrumors 6502

Just to show how idiotic asteriod movies are, I plugged in the beast from 'Armageddon' to see what it would do to the planet.

The final crater would be 4500 miles in diameter. This would engulf the entire US, if it hit in the center of the country. The thermal radiation would melt steel hundreds of miles away, and would persist at this intensity for several hours. The debris that would rain down on the planet would have an average thickness of 45,000 feet (!) at a distance of several thousand miles.

But of course, all we'd need are a few nuclear bombs to mess 'em up!