Willow Design going under, sadly - last chance

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by blakespot, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Administrator

blakespot

Willow Design makes some excellent Macintosh cases. My original Mac 128K has sat for years in a tote bag designed for that formfactor, from the mid 80's. I carry my iBook around in a Willow case that fits the laptop perfectly. It's a sad thing to see them go.

Let me post part of an e-mail I, as a customer, received from them just now:

Now's the last chance to grab one of their excellent cases.

http://www.willowdesign.com

blakespot

2. macrumors regular

Wow, bummer. I was very close to ordering a case from them back in October for my 12" PB.

3. macrumors 68000

latergator116

I hate to see small companies like that get put out of business, ecspcially when their products are probably ten times better than their large competitors. :(

If I had the use for a laptop case, I'd probably buy one right now.

4. macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

5. thread starter Administrator

blakespot

6. macrumors 65816

arogge

The Web site also mentions the Elbonian labor rate: 22 to 30 cents per hour. Stores are being filled with cheap cases and bags that are priced at over $70 - Made in Elbonia, no lifetime warranty, and they feel like they're going to break during handling. It seems like few people want high-quality products anymore. Many of the Apple products are being made in Elbonia now, and that's really disappointing. :(