Win an iPod...WTF?(not spam I promise)

Discussion in 'Community' started by dornoforpyros, Apr 23, 2005.

1. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

Is it just me or I am I starting to see "win an iPod/photo/mini/shuffle" posters attached to every product and service imaginable now adays?

I'm not just talking about those stupid 'shoot the monkey win an iPod' flash banners. But wierd stuff in the real world 'vote for student council, win an iPod', 'register early, win an iPod' , 'get an oil change, win an iPod'.

Like WTF is every damn company so un-creative that all the can think to do is hop onto the iPod buzz to hock their crap? It just seems to me that every damned contest or promotion now adays is giving away an iPod, what happens when everyones already got 2-3 iPods from their pepsi?

/rant

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well, I'll tell you that the hottest toy out there right now in the tech world is the cell phone, second, probably the iPod. It is only natural for people to toss that in as an incentive to buy a product. I certainly would. There are tons of people with ipods, but there are tons more who do not have the--thus the desire to give them awa. It'll all be okay!