win2k and os x networking

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by Steven1621, May 11, 2004.

1. Steven1621 macrumors 6502a

Steven1621

while i am able to get my windows xp laptop to network with my mac, i have had no luck getting my win2k desktop to network at all? it also won't network with the win xp. anyone had any luck here?

2. jywv8 macrumors 6502

I've had luck

I have my Mac (10.3) networked to a laptop running Win2K. I turned on sharing on my Win box, and then I connect to it from my Mac using smb via (Finder) Go -> Connect to server. I do not, however, do the reverse (connect to my Mac from Windows).

If even your XP box can't network with your 2K box, then I'm guessing you haven't got the settings right on your 2K box.

3. mkaake macrumors 65816

i've had issues in the past with networking to 2000, but the problem ended up being on the windows side. for some reason, before i could start browsing the shared folders, I had to open up the properties for the network connection on the pc side. for some reason, it wouldn't start sending/recieving any packets at all until I did that. after that, wait a few seconds, and it shows up on the mac every time. but if i don't go to the network connections, it doesn't work at all...

*strange*

matt