Winamp for Mac?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by TrailerTrish, Aug 23, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Is it at all possible to get a version of Winamp that will run on an old G4 MDD running Leopard? I've been trying for quite a while now and just run into one dead-end after another. Twocows was supposed to have it, and I downloaded the .sit file, which turned out to be a text file full of garbage.

2. simsaladimbamba

3. macrumors 68040

Koodauw

The real question is: Does it really whip the llamas ass?

4. thread starter macrumors member

Excuse me, but that one just went right over my head. I'm sure I'll be laughed at, but what does that mean?

5. simsaladimbamba

6. thread starter macrumors member

Hey! I got it! Wow! And it runs on my machine! This is truly groovy!

thankyouverymuch!!!!

----------

Okaaaayyyyy..... I still don't get it. Why would anyone wish to visit physical damage on a llama in support of an MP3 player?

I must be a bit thick here, or something, but I cannot seem to make the connection between the llama and the software....

7. macrumors 65816

Don't feel bad, you're not alone on this one.

8. simsaladimbamba

Another search revealed this:
    from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullsoft

9. macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Did none of you use Winamp back when it first came out? If you had you recognize the sound clip.

10. simsaladimbamba

I did use it, even played with the visualisations and was bummed, that iTunes was so restricted with that feature, but I eventually grew out of my viz phase (smoking weed is really fun with some extra viz) and didn't look back, though the past years iTunes has become quite a big pile of excrement, thus I wish, something simple as Winamp would exist. MacAmp is not that visually appealing though.

And I hadn't I searched for that video, I wouldn't have been reminded of that sound, which I haven't heard for almost a decade (Winamp version 2 was my last one, though I still remember version 5 and was confused, why there was no version 4.

EDIT:
    And again, a www search brought me here. Man, I am bad at this, am I not?