Window fun (heheheehe)

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by javabear90, Feb 16, 2004.

1. javabear90 macrumors 6502a

javabear90

This was posted on slashdot so...ya...
    but anyways... its pretty cool.

Open a terminal window and type on the prompt: killall Dock. Don't press return. Position a large window behind the terminal window, then shift-click on the large window's minimize button (so it goes slowly). While still holding shift, quickly hit the return key to execute the command and kill the Dock (it comes back right away). As soon as the dock's process is killed, the window will cease minimizing, leaving you with a working, draggable, active window halfway through the warping animation! While the system is at a loss how to translate mouse clicks to the window, you can still move bits that haven't changed location too much. After having some fun, just press Command-M to get the window all the way into the Dock and click to get it out again.

So... ya
    -Ted

2. jsnuff1 macrumors 6502a

hahha that was awsome....woh but after playing around with that for a while my screen looks like its all scewed hehe

3. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

Even better, you can move the dock around and get all sorts of crazy effects. Plus you can refresh the window or follow back and forth or bookmark links and it loads them scaled to the window.

Attached Files:

4. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

5. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

whoa sweet!! i gotta try this at college... i just wish i could have a camcorder setup so i could get everyone's reactions!! :D

6. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

I'm replying in a warped window :)
    But I have a problem I can only slowly minimize 1 window at a time per application. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, I hold shift, click but then all windows on this application are greyed out. :confused:

EDIT: Just remembered that holding option minimises all the windows for that program :)

7. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    thats so trippy. i wanna show my block mates hehe