Window tiling in Panther?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kangaroo, Sep 20, 2004.

1. kangaroo macrumors regular

With Windows, you can have the OS automatically tile windows either horizontally or vertically. Is there a way to do this in Panther? :confused:

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

You don't really need to tile windows in Panther because of Exposé. I found this program on VersionTracker, but I think it's only for Finder windows.

3. kangaroo thread starter macrumors regular

Expose is very nice but it doesn't <necessarily> obviate the need for tiling. For example, if you're using a 20"+ display and you'd like to tile two browser windows side by side, Expose isn't going to help you do it and, as far as I know, you're forced to do it manually. Given Expose's powerful windowing management features, it would seem trivial to add in a tiling feature. :mad:

4. Fukui macrumors 68000

Fukui

It wouls be trivial for sure. FWIW, some apps on OS X do in fact have tiling and cascading... macromedia fireworks for example, and some others. It would be nice if the OS did for every app though.

5. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

It would be a decent feature to add for sure if it is what i think it is but can't you just do that with the corner grab thingy

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Not quite the same having to manually resize and position windows, that takes to much time.