Window View Aggrevations!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by tj2001, Dec 13, 2004.

1. tj2001 macrumors regular

Hey all!

Well this just recently started and I have no clue on what is causing it or how to fix it... my HDD -> Application folders view is corrupted or what not. I can set it for "This Window Only" or "All Windows" and if I log-out, re-launch Finder or restart my Mac it goes to this back to this horrible icon looked where the icons are like 20px and all over lapping each other.

Now someone mentioned to delete that folders .DS_Store which I did but it still does it... if anyone knows on how to fix this I would be greatly thankful!

:mad: -- Disgruntled Icon Problem Guy -- :mad:

2. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Have you tried repairing permissions? And have you installed any third party apps recently which might have caused this to happen?

3. tj2001 thread starter macrumors regular

I do run Cocktail about ever other week just for maintenance; I've ran since this issue and it hasn't fixed the problem. Not sure how well the repair permissions is through Cocktail though...

As for the 3rd part app, would you be referring to any type of application or more of finder type enhancements? Just trying to recall which I can't of course what was recently installed....

4. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

Try trashing the com.apple.finder.plist in home\library\preferences.

5. haiggy macrumors 65816

Hey, something similar like this would happen to me. All my folders in my Macintosh HD would be scrambled, not any size difference though. And the window view would change instead of having the directory on the left, it would be a regular window. I don't know what made it go away, but it stopped one day. Maybe a repair of permissions?

6. tj2001 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok... for anyone that cares to know I fixed it :)
    (Note: Did try deleting "finder.plist" that was mentioned... was a no fix.)

Seems that by running Cocktails DS_STORE function/feature on the root drive "/" it fixed the culprit! I had to re-configure all commonly used windows, but it worked!

Just a heads up for anyone still fighting with this or future reference...
    Also included is a snapshot in Cocktail of feature:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]