Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

artomes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
I just finished installing windows 7 64 bit but when i insert my leopard disc in to install the drivers it says that my model mac doesnt support x64. I have a 20" 2.66 08 model i thought this model was compatible with windows 64 bit. Any other way to install drivers? am i doing something wrong?

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I just finished installing windows 7 64 bit but when i insert my leopard disc in to install the drivers it says that my model mac doesnt support x64. I have a 20" 2.66 08 model i thought this model was compatible with windows 64 bit. Any other way to install drivers? am i doing something wrong?

Some iMac models are allowed to run x64 OS's through Boot Camp, why, only Apple knows.

Truth is, your system is capable of it. There is a work around, and it requires you to type some commands in "Command Prompt" in Windows, but after that you can easily access and install the respective x64 drivers.

Search in the MacBook Forum, there is the guide to add Windows 7 x64 to your machine. The procedure is the exact same thing, just different model.

artomes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
would you happen to have a link to it? i have been searching for a while now but have had no luck finding anything about a work around this problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.