Windows 7 Beta 7000 (Boot Camp) NO SOUND.....?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Esulatell, Jan 6, 2009.

1. macrumors member

I just installed Windows 7 Beta Build 7000 onto my Alu' iMac via Boot Camp, its all fine except I have no sound, do I need to download a driver or something? :confused:

If anyone can help can you please link me to the driver :D
    Thank you :)

2. macrumors regular

Have you tried installing the drivers included on the Mac OS X Leopard disc? If not, give it a shot.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Yep there all installed and they all work fine :)
    But they did nothing for sound :mad:

4. macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Someones been using BitTorrent naughty naughty :D

Try installing it through VirtualBox, it's like Paralells but free and just as good. Windows 7 won't work on Q at the moment unfortunatly.

5. thread starter macrumors member

Ah I'm a rebel me :D
    But I don't want to use Parallels or anything like that, I want to run it natively.

6. macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

OK well look up drivers for the sound card in your Mac but you may not have any luck getting it to work on Windows 7, it's only a beta and a early one at that, remember.

7. macrumors regular

If the 2nd gen Aluminum iMac uses the same sound drivers as the first gen Aluminum iMac, then the drivers are on this page.

Hopefully they work for you. Try the Vista driver first, then the XP one.

On our PC, the driver that the Windows 7 beta chose produced bad sound output. I looked for a driver on Creative's website and found the XP driver but there wasn't a Vista driver. Surprisingly, the Windows XP driver works just fine.

... I guess my point is that if the Vista driver doesn't work, try the XP one.

8. macrumors 68040

iParis

It's a known problem with the 7 beta.
    Just try to find the driver I guess.
    This didn't happen to me when I installed it though. Yay uTorrent.

9. macrumors newbie

Downloaded the XP one first and wouldn't even install as it wasnt compatible or couldn't find anything or something so no dice on that.
    Downloaded the Vista one and everything is all gravy now =D Now to get some music going, kekeke.

10. macrumors 68040

Stridder44

I downloaded the Realtek drivers straight from Realtek (the High Definition Audio one) and it works perfectly on my early 08 MBP. Link: http://www.realtek.com/downloads/

What I'm having trouble with now is firewire. I used to use HFS Explorer to access my external (HFS formatted) hard drive but it no longer shows up in HFS Explorer. Windows doesn't even make the "device connected" sound when I turn it on (yes I'm running HFS Explorer in admin mode). Pretty sure it's a firewire driver issue, but I have no clue who makes the firewire for my MBP.

11. macrumors 6502

this should do it.

3. From the Control Panel, click on the Device Manager
    4. Find the device that's not installed, it's listed as 'Multimedia Audio Controller'
    5. Click on the device and install/update the driver.
    6. Let Windows go out to the Internet to find the driver.
    7. Install the selected drive and click 'Ok'

12. macrumors regular

Akula971

How to fix

This guy ORION EDWARDS did this

Go into the leopard drivers folder. There should be a directory called Drivers, and under that is a file called RealTekSetup.exe. If you try run this normally, it will fail.

What he did next was:

Right click it, and select Troubleshoot Compatibility
    Click Next and wait for it to finish 'Detecting Issues'
    Select The program Worked in earlier versions of windows...
    Select Windows Vista
    Click Next a few times, let the Realtek installer run, reboot, and Presto!

http://orionedwards.blogspot.com/

13. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ Much easier to just download newer Realtek Drivers HD Audio Codec though. ;)

Look for the Vista_r213 driver package.

14. macrumors 68000

e12a

they rank pretty much the same in terms of easiness.

windows compatibility mode actually works and is easy to use. I'm surprised.

15. macrumors member

I've just intalled Win 7 on my alu imac and installed the realtek sound drivers and everything was fine.....

BUT my headphone out port isnt working and the sound out the internal speakers sounds really poor quality :mad:

Anyone else experiencing this or know a fix?

16. macrumors newbie

gantte

Solution found for no sound under Win 7 Beta Build 7000

I can verify this solution worked for me.
    I used the Apple Vista driver and it works fine.

What I didn't know until this event was that Apple puts a red
    led *inside* the headphone jack on the macbookpro. The LED
    was lit (RED) but when I loaded the Vista driver, the LED went
    dark and the sound started working. Very cool.

17. macrumors newbie

FYI: That red LED inside is an optional mini toslink connection, along side the tradtional analog, enabling you output digital sound with the appropiate adapter:
    http://www.nextag.com/mini-toslink-adapter/search-html

Useful for getting 5.1 etc from DVD playback.

Additional information on its use in home theater - http://www.reelsmart.com/2006/08/17/mac-home-theater-surround-sound-and-video-connections/print/

18. macrumors 603

Warbrain

Well would you look at that...it worked. Now I have sound in Windows 7. Much thanks.

19. macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

These drivers worked for me. Download them. It's the same stuff as the files on Realtek's incredibly super slow site (8KBs download speed cap).

20. macrumors regular

Is your volume normal or really low? I had no audio problems but it's VERY LOW.

21. macrumors member

Just an update from me with my lack of sound from my 3.5mm headphone jack on my aluminium imac. I tried everything but to no avail.

THE SOLUTION:

Finally I gave up and re-formatted and reinstalled windows 7, this time in 64-bit. And it worked! Now I have quality sound coming from the external speakers. If anyone else experiences this, first try installing without having the speakers plugged in during installation. If not, go 64-bit.

22. macrumors member

Yup. :p Got the legit version off Microsoft today.

23. macrumors 6502

sascha h-k

on iMac 3.06 win7 64bit perfect, also sound after r2.14 update, BUT on my mbp 2.4ghz with win7 32bit still no sound ...

i tried any driver around, bootcamp and realtek.

any help appreciated !

24. macrumors regular

mbp pro 1st gen 2.0
    bootcamp 2.1
    windows 7 32bit
    sound still doesnt work. installed everyway possible, even the troubleshoot deal. bluetooth still have the whole connecting to the device forever deal too. has anyone found a fool proof fix for this. thinking about switching to 64bit. what are the advantages? i heard that some disadvantages is that some programs dont work. does anyone know what programs they are? also i know that if 64bit is installed its able to take advantage of 4gb ram. can this still be done on the 1st gen mbp since they are still limited to 2gb?

25. macrumors 6502

sascha h-k

i HAVE SOUND now !
    it's for mbp (not unibody) and win7 32bit.
    uninstall realtek drivers (under delete programm)
    delete audio components (from device manager)
    then restart.
    insert leopard disk, open with right-click it's content and choose driver, realtek.
    here again right-click and as above described choose vista and so on and install, then restart.

NOW, again content leopard drivers choose sigmatel, open this and take the upper (not xp) and install with right-click as mentioned before.

i hope you will get the sound back as i got ...