Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yoo992

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2010
I used to have windows XP on my macbook for the last year, but I recently upgraded to windows 7. I installed the video drivers, sound, etc. All the windows hardware drivers are installed.

The problem I'm having is with the apple hardware on my computer. Components such as the multi-touch trackpad, the sound control on the F10/F11, the eject button right above the delete button, and the brightness control on the F4/F5 do not work! Overall, the trackpad (Macbook Pro Mousepad) is the most urgent thing I need to fix. I can't right click without the multitouch trackpad!

I'm guessing that it is some macbook hardware drivers I'm missing. I've been looking on google for the longest time and can't find anything. I do not have the leopard or OSX operating system CD. (A forum on google recommended that the operating system cd for mac will fix it..)

This computer was given to me with windows XP already on it, and I don't know how the installed it.

I really need this fixed ASAP; if anyone knows of any drivers or solutions, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!!!

andrew086

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2009
Do you have any of these MacBook Pros?
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2006)
MacBook Pro (17-inch, Late 2006)
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2006)
MacBook Pro (17-inch, Early 2006)

If you do, those aren't supported.

yoo992

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2010
My laptop is 15".. but I'm not sure if it was the 2006/2007 versians.

Is there any way to check?

If they were.. I'm completely screwed?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.