Windows 7 on Mac Pro 1.1 with ATI Radeon 5770 HD

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JI7, Dec 20, 2012.

1. JI7
    macrumors newbie

I recently upgraded my Nvidia 7300 in my Mac Pro 1.1 to the ATI Radeon 5770 HD. It works like a champ - I can finally play Bioshock with graphics set to high. Anyway, I noticed that when I watch content on Netflix that it is very jumpy (unwatchable really). This is only when it plays in a small window but it works perfectly when I maximise the video to full screen mode. Anyone know why it does this? Is it something that can be resolved or just some incompatibility with the Mac Pro 1.1?

I also run Windows 7 via bootcamp on my Mac Pro 1.1. After downloading the Bootcamp drivers everything works fine but the desktop does not fill the screen. Instead there is a black border perhaps 1/2 inch around the desktop. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to fix this? I originally downloaded and installed the CCC and drivers for Windows 7 but this didn't work and the system wouldn't even detect the card - it was still displaying the Nvidia card for some reason so I got rid and downloaded and installed the ones for Bootcamp even though it specified that they were for Mac Pros from 2007 on and I believe the 1.1 is from 2006. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. JI7
    thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, nevermind about the issue with the desktop displaying smaller than the screen when running in Windows 7 because I just had a play around with my settings and discovered the solution - GPU scaling needed switching on and then adjusting.