Windows 7 sharing with my emac

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by brandonjb85, Dec 27, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

I have a laptop with windows 7 for school and i am trying to share files from it to my emac. They both can see each other but when I try to connect to them they both ask for a password. I have tried my account passwords for both of them and nothing. On windows 7 it ask for both a username and a password I am trying to figuer this out can someone help me?

2. macrumors 6502

thiagos

Have you gona to system preferences (on the mac) and enabled Sharing? You have to enable sharing prior to connection both computers...

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sharing is on both computers.

4. macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

from what i read microsoft rewrote the network protcols for 7 and it broke file sharing in the normal sense for mac computer to get share off a win 7 machine u actually have to go in the and type out the full name of the comp with windows 7 in the mac to get it link to the win7 shares

5. macrumors 6502a

I will confirm that windows 7 has sharing issues with Macs. I had no problems sharing with my previous windows XP system (everything is on the MSHOME network). But connections to my new windows 7 machine are sporadic. Sometimes the windows 7 machine shows up in the finder sidebar but more often it doesn't.

I am hoping that either Microsoft or Apple will issue a patch that fixes this problem.