Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrentShaub

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2015
Hi. Disaster recovery plans will be a focus from here on. I have not backed-up client files that took me a few weeks to develop. They are saved on my "windows 7" partition on the desktop C:\document and settings\notehat\desktop. Something like that.

Today Windows boots in cycles; just before it adds the username to the login screen, it blinks black. Over and over it does this faster and faster. I cannot get past it, nor does Safe Mode or any other boot option in Windows work. I tried booting from the Vista disk and Windows 7 upgrade disk without success.

I only started getting panicky when in the Mac side, I cannot access the nosehat partition. I want very much to copy the files that have been saved here. When I find the drive in Finder -> Network -> nosehat -> Open it says 'Connection Failed'.

To recap: I cannot boot into Windows due to the black blink no login.
I cannot access the drive in Mac via Finder.

Anything left to try before I lose two weeks of work from an unknown error? Hardware failure? Disk sector corruption? My whole lens on the stability of computers is changing.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I think, if your Windows partition is on your Mac, you can always try to access them from finder, but not "network" folder. I don't access my Windows partition from there. Instead, I go to top level of finder, which shows your computer name, and find BootCamp driver, then double click to access.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.