Windows 8 Apple Keyboard Problems

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by kv1296, Apr 21, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Apr 21, 2012
    Hey everybody,
    I just installed Windows 8 using boot camp on my iMac. Everything works great except for the keyboard. I find that if I leave the computer for a few hours and come back, the keyboard no longer works. The computer still thinks its paired, but it cannot type. In order to fix this problem, I now uninstall the keyboard as a Bluetooth device, restart, and then re connect the keyboard. For some reason, the keyboard doesn't actually uninstall either, it just gets stuck saying it's uninstalling. Anyway I can fix this without restarting everytime?
  2. macrumors 6502

Jan 11, 2012
    You will have to wait for updated bootcamp software. Windows 8 is not officially released so you might be waiting a while. Just a question. Why are you using Windows 8 when it is a glorified windows 7 with more bugs? You should be using os x :p :D:apple:
  3. macrumors 6502a

Aug 2, 2010
    I'm a big Windows user so I'm trying it out to see what's new/changed in the latest version that will be coming out. So far I've been really enjoying using the consumer preview of Windows 8. I'm looking forward to its official release.
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 21, 2012
    Yeah, it's looking like I'll just have to wait. I'm using Windows 8 because I figured boot camp would be an easy way to try it out, being that I could easily delete the partition if it sucked. And it's free :D
  5. macrumors 6502a

Mar 19, 2012
    How is it easier than running it in a VM?
  6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 21, 2012
    Well I also wanted to use it to play games :D