Windows- Absinthe Not Working

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Snowman3459, Jan 21, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

Soon as I plug in my iPhone 4S and hit jailbreak it just stays on the "This may take a while" step. Eventually it will say that the program isn't responding. This is highly disappointing.

2. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Absinthe does not detect the iPhone in Safe Mode. Also, everything is up to date and it wouldn't matter anyways say it automatically shuts down iTunes.

3. macrumors newbie

Same problem

I'm having the same issue. Does absinthe contact greenpoi0n's servers or something and they're bogged down because of high traffic? I've tried multiple times and keeps getting stuck on "this may take a while".

I'm running this on an iPad 2 with 5.0.1 btw.

4. macrumors newbie

Problem Fixed

don't use the mirror link download. Download it directly from greenpois0n.com and extract to wherever you want. Then right click and run as administrator.

5. macrumors 6502a

This is what you need to do:

Make a backup via iTunes
    From your iOS device, "erase all settings and content" under Settings.
    Run Absinthe as Administrator
    Setup iOS device as new
    Restore from backup

Done.

6. macrumors regular

follow robdam1001 instructions, that should get it to work.
    if not.

make sure you have your photos, contacts and apps backed up.

and erase all content and settings from your phone and do the jailbreak that WILL work.

now finished installing cydia, let it update itself, and go ahead and do a "restore from back up", i did this and i got everything back the way it was and cydia was working 100%

7. macrumors 601

I know this is an old thread

but Absinthe 2.0 is not working for me on Windows

I click the .exe and it opens and runs and runs down a command list of scrolling text then it just closes and no other window pops? I have my iPhone plugged in via USB and had iTunes off/on and still nothing.

Anybody know what I could try?

8. macrumors 6502

Are you sure you didn't just run the Extractor?

Check the folder to see if there is a new folder in it with the actual jailbreak program in it - uncompressed.

;)

9. macrumors demi-god

DerekRod

That was fast download absinthe 2.0.1 for bug fixes then try it

10. macrumors 601

well I feel pretty stupid I was extracting it over and over and didnt realize there was another folder where it was in rofl :eek:

thx but now i see Absinthe 2.0.1 is released to fix bugs do we have to re-jailbreak or should we be good?