Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Snowman3459

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Soon as I plug in my iPhone 4S and hit jailbreak it just stays on the "This may take a while" step. Eventually it will say that the program isn't responding. This is highly disappointing.

BigBadBruno

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2012
Same problem

I'm having the same issue. Does absinthe contact greenpoi0n's servers or something and they're bogged down because of high traffic? I've tried multiple times and keeps getting stuck on "this may take a while".

I'm running this on an iPad 2 with 5.0.1 btw.

King-T-420

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2012
Problem Fixed

don't use the mirror link download. Download it directly from greenpois0n.com and extract to wherever you want. Then right click and run as administrator.

robdam1001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2008
This is what you need to do:

Make a backup via iTunes
From your iOS device, "erase all settings and content" under Settings.
Run Absinthe as Administrator
Setup iOS device as new
Restore from backup

Done.

WRXface

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2008
follow robdam1001 instructions, that should get it to work.
if not.

make sure you have your photos, contacts and apps backed up.

and erase all content and settings from your phone and do the jailbreak that WILL work.

now finished installing cydia, let it update itself, and go ahead and do a "restore from back up", i did this and i got everything back the way it was and cydia was working 100%

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I know this is an old thread

but Absinthe 2.0 is not working for me on Windows

I click the .exe and it opens and runs and runs down a command list of scrolling text then it just closes and no other window pops? I have my iPhone plugged in via USB and had iTunes off/on and still nothing.

Anybody know what I could try?

Netherscourge

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
but Absinthe 2.0 is not working for me on Windows

I click the .exe and it opens and runs and runs down a command list of scrolling text then it just closes and no other window pops? I have my iPhone plugged in via USB and had iTunes off/on and still nothing.

Anybody know what I could try?

Are you sure you didn't just run the Extractor?

Check the folder to see if there is a new folder in it with the actual jailbreak program in it - uncompressed.

;)

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Are you sure you didn't just run the Extractor?

Check the folder to see if there is a new folder in it with the actual jailbreak program in it - uncompressed.

;)
well I feel pretty stupid I was extracting it over and over and didnt realize there was another folder where it was in rofl :eek:

thx but now i see Absinthe 2.0.1 is released to fix bugs do we have to re-jailbreak or should we be good?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.