Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robo74

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2004
Rockford, IL
Ok, so we have been running some form of XP on our iMacs, and this goes out to he gamers in the bunch.

Has anyone who was using a PC before intels gave up their gaming rig for good?
AKA, you use bootcamp now instead of a seperate computer all together?

If so, how is it working out for you.

For me:
I find my 17 intel iMac to perform pretty good to where I dont really use or miss my AMD system at all.

Rob

iCeQuBe

macrumors regular
May 19, 2005
CT
I gave up my gaming rig and my old mac in excahnge for an intel iMac running boot camp. I had P4 3.2Ghz with 1 gig of RAM, 2 74 Gig 10,000 RPM Raptors in raid 1 and a Radeon 9800 Pro. The iMac runs faster! I know that my gaming rig wasn't state of the art by todays standards but it ran all the games I play well. I ran two benchmark programs PC Mark and 3D Mark and both tests saw the iMac demolish the PC that I replaced The only thing faster on my old PC was the two 10,000 RPM Raptors in Raid 1. But over all the iMac has been great. I am really impressed by it's performance. I mainly play battlefield 1 and 2 and Call of Duty 2. But I have played half life 2 and doom 3 as well.

robo74 said:
Ok, so we have been running some form of XP on our iMacs, and this goes out to he gamers in the bunch.

Has anyone who was using a PC before intels gave up their gaming rig for good?
AKA, you use bootcamp now instead of a seperate computer all together?

If so, how is it working out for you.

For me:
I find my 17 intel iMac to perform pretty good to where I dont really use or miss my AMD system at all.

Rob

CYBER PETE

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2006
Great thread. I'm curious as well. I'll post my results next Monday when my 20" iMAC arrives. :-D

kouljackson

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2006
can we get somone to post thier specs, their old PC specs, and then a 3dMark score? Keep this ball rolling, it's exactly what i need before I buy a Mac Desktop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.