Windows Boot Camp AntiVirus

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Aperture, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Aperture macrumors 68000

Mar 19, 2006
    Hi. I've been telling my parents for a while now that I would transfer all of our home movies (VHS) to DVD. We have a Dazzle Capture card which I have all setup and I am about to install Boot Camp. My ISP hands out this crappy antivirus software which I can't stand (for windows). I came across the Google Pack website and it that the "Google Pack" includes Norton AntiVirus for 6 months. Is there a catch? Ex. Limited Protection, Constant Reminders To Buy It, Ads, etc.

PS, heres a link

Thanks, Kevin
  2. imacintel macrumors 68000

Mar 12, 2006
    Back in the day I had windows, I downloaded that. It acts like you bought it.

No catches.:)
  3. x704 macrumors regular

Apr 15, 2006
    AVG antivirus free edition and zonealarms free edition are the best that I know of that is free.
  4. w7ox macrumors member

Jul 12, 2006
    NAV is considered the best. And there are often deals out there. I just bought it locally for $50 (+tax) .. with a $50 rebate .. and that was for a 3-machine license. One install is now on this MacBook on the WinXP side.

I've been using NAV with WinXP and earlier versions for 6-7 years and it always works.

There are free products I've seen recommended; AVG is one. But I've not tried them .. and have always gotten some sort of "almost free" deal on NAV.