Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
I have been trying to get MobileMe to sync my iPod and my Mac and Windows PC. However I have found that syncing calendars on my Windows computer doesn't work. The option is greyed out. Is this because Windows Calendar (I'm running vista) isn't supported? Does syncing Calendars really only work with Outlook?

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
I have been trying to get MobileMe to sync my iPod and my Mac and Windows PC. However I have found that syncing calendars on my Windows computer doesn't work. The option is greyed out. Is this because Windows Calendar (I'm running vista) isn't supported? Does syncing Calendars really only work with Outlook?

For the moment, yes.

raywarden

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2009
Quad-Cities, IL
Ok heres my long winded solution;
I have an iPhone and a MobileMe account.
At work my PC runs Windows Vista with Outlook2007.
I sync my MobileMe Contacts & Calendar(through the MobileMe Desktop)
with the work PC.
I then publish the Outlook Calendar to the free service that Microsoft has.
At home I have a desktop PC and a laptop, both running Windows Vista.
I didn't/don't want to put the memory hogging Outlook on either one
of those so I use the built in Windows Contacts and Windows Calendar.
Once again to get the Contacts from Mobile me I use the MobileMe Desktop application. To get the Calendar information I subscribe to the Outlook Calendar that I publish from work. Now all 3 of my computers are in sync with my iPhone.
The only downside is that on my home computers the calendar I subscribe to is read only which is ok with me but I'm still looking into some other way to publish/share the Outlook calendar so that it can be edited by the home computers. Anyways that's my 3-cents worth

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.