Windows computer with longer uptime than any mac computer

Discussion in 'Community' started by Timelessblur, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Timelessblur macrumors 65816

Timelessblur

Attach is a screen shot from my laptop. it is fully unedited and is the orginal screen shot I took a few months ago. When I saw it it was to good to pass up because i knew no one would believe me that my computer was telling me this uptime. I was showing to to a friend tonight and we got some good laughs. I figure you all would enjoy it.

The uptime the computer was reporting to me was 21,350,398 days, 5 hours.

I promise that it is a real screen shot and it unedited.

Attached Files:

2. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Congrats, may the next 58,494 years be as good to you as the last ones.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

LOL, I bet that the original input method that came with that laptop was a big piece of stone and a chisel. :D

4. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Somebody has been on the computer waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long :rolleyes: :D

5. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

This is obviously proof that Ted Waitt has access to, or has built, a time machine.

6. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Timelessblur,

I'm glad Wintel fixed those Pentium math bugs, otherwise that time measuring routine might really have been goofed up.

8. angelneo macrumors 68000

Perhaps this thread should be titled "Windows computer wth longer uptime than ANY computer"... (wonders if I can get my windows to do the same)

9. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

10. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

11. Timelessblur thread starter macrumors 65816

Timelessblur

That screen shot was the only time I be able to produce that error. I heard one way deals with a CMOS error from putting the computer in staby or hibernation will glitch it but that was not the case for this one
    it was also taking right after a restart. To be more exact it was the restart right after I finish installing SP2 on there by CD. my guess is in the restart something glitch in time area because the clock was uneffect and was still in reasonble margen of error to account for a slight drifted over time that all clocks are effect by (basicly it was within about 5 mins of my watch).

Either way it has the logest uptime ever for a computer with out a restart.

That screen shot remines me I still need to rename my laptop. I been meaning to rename it to voyager for a few months now. I need it to get in line with name theme I started for the comptuer at home

12. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

LOL!

I had a similar bug in a D-Link router I was stuck with briefly (by the way, don't EVER buy D-Link dsl routers - they're complete junk), which insisted that it had been up for 429469067 hours and 429496725 minutes (it had _actually_ been up about 90 minutes at the time)