Windows image editor

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by diane143, Nov 28, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Please don't shoot! I know a number of you work with Windows machines and I haven't much in the last 6 years.

I'm looking for a simple image editing program that can open PDFs. All we need to do is simple things - sometimes add an arrow or save as a JPG.

I tried a couple of free ones - I think paint.net was one - and neither opened PDFs so I went no further.

These are not always photos but sometimes maps that need to be slightly changed, so the ability to block out a section and put an arrow or text in that place is needed.

Free is not even necessary but I don't see the need to buy PS for this which is what someone is asking for. I think worst case Elements would work but I thought I'd see if there is anything else. I tried the online Adobe offering but it won't open a pdf either.

Thanks for any advice!

2. macrumors 65816

Have you tried GIMP? I used it when we were an all linux shop. I'm not sure 'simple' would be a good description though. It is quite powerful.

Been running PS / Illustrator for the last decade ( good grief, has it been that long? ).

time keeps on ticking....

3. macrumors 6502a

opeter

GIMP, Paint.net ...

Than you have the option for lite image editing, these kind of tools are integrated into some of the image viewers, like FastStone Image Viewer.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Paint.net won't open a PDF. I can try GIMP. I'll look into the viewers too - thanks!