Windows ipod to mac

Discussion in 'iPod' started by nathanbusby, Apr 24, 2006.

1. macrumors newbie

Apr 24, 2006
    Turks and Caicos islands
    I have a 60GB video ipod with 10,500 tunes loaded onto it. I loaded the songs on there via a windows laptop. Now the problem is I have bought a MacBook Pro and I want to reformat the Ipod from windows to Apple. Obviously I have a lot of songs to take off and reformat the ipod to Apple. How do i get the songs off the ipod onto an external hard drive so I can format the ipod to apple. I have used ipod copy before and I have it installed on the macbook, but when I start the copy it just sits there. When I look at preferences and try to enable the ipod for disk use the tab is ticked but greyed out. Will I have to use the version of ipod copy I have on the windows laptop to copy the tunes so I can wipe the ipod and start again with the Apple. Will these tunes be compatible with the reformatted Ipod??
  2. macrumors 603

Jan 28, 2005
    American Riviera
    Hi Nathan, welcome to MacRumors.

I'd suggest downloading Senuti. It will allow you to copy your files from the iPod to your MBP, at which point you can reformat your iPod to a Macintosh file format. The link for Senuti is here.