windows itunes/quicktime help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thebiggoose, Dec 11, 2006.

1. thebiggoose macrumors 6502

Jun 17, 2006
    I'm setting up a computer for my little brother. now, i'm installing itunes/quicktime downloaded forkm onto it. it ahs an older version of itunes/quicktime installed on it. whenever i try to install itunes/quicktime, the installer goes all teh way to "removing applications" for quicktime. qwher it says "the older version of quicktime cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group" then "the installation of quicktime did nto complete sucessfully. iTunes requires quicktime" then teh isntaller fails. I've trie unistallign everythign quicktime in add/remove programs, searching for "quicktime" and deletign everything. and i've created a new user account and deleted teh old one! Please ehlp me
  2. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

Jun 8, 2005
    It may be a problem that Quicktime never removed itself from the Registry. I would google for a "registry cleaner", and it should be fairly easy to remove any apple/quicktime files left over. I never understood the point of the registry on windows :rolleyes:
  3. cardiac dave macrumors regular

cardiac dave

Jun 23, 2005
    I had the same issue... worked at it for an hour or so before I gave up... I tried everything I could think of... deleting the program folder, get rid of the Quicktime and QuicktimeVR files from the system32 folder, three different registry cleaners...

I think my issue might actually have something to do with Roxio... but I'm not touching that for fear of messing up my PVR capabilities on that PC.

I'm macless for a week, after selling my old iBook and iMac. Gave up on the PC and bought a new MacBook Pro.