Windows Keyboard?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Eleven, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Eleven macrumors newbie

I was wondering if it was possible to buy a USB windows keyboard and use that with my powerbook? Is there any way to map the command key to the windows "start" key?

Thanks,

These windows keyboards are just so much cheaper than the mac ones... 10-20 bucks vs 80 bucks

2. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

about 95% of usb devices will work on a mac so you will be fine. As for mapping it should work fine right out of the box but I think OS X has some built in mapping ability.

3. Norouzi macrumors 6502

I've been using a Logitech Windoze keyboard on my PMG4 for months now with no problem. It worked right out of the box no software or anything. I'd say go for it. As far as mapping the windows start key I didn't need to it functioned as the command key right away.

An interesting note: In the last few days I actually installed the software from Logitech's website to make all the extra buttons on the keyboard work. It did make the buttons work, but it had the unfortunate side effect of making the alt key the command key instead of the Windows start key. Not a big deal, but I haven't found a way to map it back to the way it was. Wierd.