Windows-like filing system for photos instead of iPhoto???

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by bludragon06, Nov 27, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

I have been MAC all the way! The only thing I hate about MAC is the way photos are stored! I like the idea behind the windows where I can just dump certain photos into a certain folder and then I can see a preview of what's in the folder! Ever since I switched to Mac it seems its been a real hassle with only my photos! Any help would be great! If this has been posted previously please forgive me!

2. macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Unless I'm missing something obvious, why wouldn't you just use the Finder?

3. macrumors 65816

kirky29

What about something like Picasa for Mac?

4. macrumors 68040

Of course, you always have that option by using finder. However... using a Digital Asset Manager (DAM) is infinitely better than using a file system.

iPhoto is a fairly wimpy DAM... but it is not too bad given that it is included free with the OS. Moving up to Lightroom or Aperture is a major step forward if you want to investigate using a DAM more effectively.

Using a file system is a way to "store" photos. Using a DAM is a way to "use" photos. The difference between the two is stunning.

/Jim

5. macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

Comes to my mind.....

a piece of software called iView Media or iView Media Pro. Very Windows-like and if my memory works, very capable for your needs, IMHO

:):apple:

6. macrumors 6502a

SamGabbay