Windows lover?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by stoid, Feb 21, 2002.

1. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I met this guy at my school who is like in love with Microsoft the way we're all in love with mac. It does make sense, is that possible?? I've never heard of a magazine called PCaddict, I have every single issue and CD from MacAddict, so I know that one exists.

2. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

if he truelly is a microsoft fanatic then he is lying to you every step of the way....being that microsoft is as close to satan (as far as companys go) on earth. ;)

3. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

not quite... at least Satan admits he is evil... m$ denies it at every turn. Then they go and remove your options that you used and proceed to tell you that you didn't really need acces to that...

Saying they are close to Satan is an insult to demons everywhere :D.

Bill Gates gives snakes and rats a good rep.

4. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

actually satan at times comes in the form of light...so sometimes he does deny he is evil. but thats another story.... i hear what you are saying though. ms can suck it as far as i am concerned... iw just wish there was a better web browser then explorer...so i would be completly free from anything that has to do with them frekin a holes.

5. jvaska macrumors 6502

wow! i've always wondered what that glow was all about when i look due east in the evenings...???!

6. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I have, by accident, found that Netscape 6.2 doesn't have as many issues with OSX as ie 5.1 does. One example is connecting to the local movie plex's web site. When I go with IE it's all messed up. Under Netscape, it actually works properly. Go figure :D

7. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

so is netscape 6.2 the way to go?

8. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Depends on which works best for you. Right now, I am using IE more then Netscape. I am going to try and use both evenly to see how they both handle the sites I frequent most. It would also be interesting to see if Netscape will take the mouse click the first time. There are more then a few times that I select an item/link/button but it doesn't register it the first time.

I will keep you posted.

9. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

first report...

Here I am from within Netscape 6.2 and things look a little different then in IE 5.1. One good thing is the fact that Netscape doesn't panic when I try to scroll down a page and the cursor passes over a banner (IE can't scroll down with the wheel on my mouse when this happens).

The window that I am typing in is smaller then it was under IE, which might be a small issue, but it is noticeable.

I thought that in the past, that one browser wasn't as picky about the html code used by web pages. I just don't remember which one was more flexible.

More posts/updates to follow as I use netscape more... maybe we should start a new thread about this.

10. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

okay cool...i will dl it here in awhile at check it out for my self. thanks.

11. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

It looks like I am making the switch to Netscape... At least until they iron out the bugs with IE 5.x.

12. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

13. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Mostly with buttons bot showing up correctly, or headers missing parts, or parts of them shifting to lower areas on the page.

Even though Netscape was looking good, it has problems too. In IE when I use my email notification for new messages here, it just uses the top level window. Netscape opens up a new one, I don't like that. I would rather it use the one that is already open instead of a new one.

They both have bugs, you just need to decide which ones annoy you less... For me, it is a wash since I don't like either kind about the same. So back to IE for here, and maybe netscape for other things.

14. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

IE is also faster with my mouse scrolling wheel... Good thing they are both free.. I would never pay money for either.

15. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

If you're considering Netscape, you might want to also consider Mozilla. Netscape 6.2.1 is based on Mozilla 0.9.4.1, I believe, which is several months old. Mozilla 0.9.8 is out, and has several major improvements over Netscape 6.2 including tabbed browsing, many less bugs, and an Aqua-ish "theme."

Other than the N logo, Netscape is really just an outdated version of Mozilla. But to each his own...

Alex

16. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Re: Windows lover?

I don't know about y'all, but I love Microsoft. If there were no Microsoft, what would I have left to complain about?

There are PC magazines, just not ones with such catchy names as MacAddict. Actually there are many more PC-specific magazines than non. But the non-PC magazines just seem to have more energy and enthusiasm.

I don't think the Mac-addict (mental state, not magazine) phenomenon is specific to Apple, though. If you've ever used the BeOS, or the Amiga, or NeXT hardware/software, or an SGI, or, or... you get the picture. All great underdog technologies whose users feel a sense of brother/sisterhood because they see themselves as partners against some greater force. The greater force I speak of usually happens to be Microsoft, but in the past it's also been IBM and others.

I would make the radical hypothesis that if there were no Microsoft, and thus no larger "force of evil" to go up against, a good deal of the Apple community's unity and spirit would be drained. Therefore, I think, in a twisted way, Microsoft actually has a positive effect on the Apple community, and indeed upon practically the entire non-Microsoft community.

How that explains this guy's love for Microsoft, though, well, that just puzzles me. Is his name Gerald Holmes?

Alex

17. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

18. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Windows Lover?

A windows user who loves microsoft? I gotta meet this guy! He must not have much of a life!

19. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Work.

I work with several people who think MS poop don't smell. They are real hardcore fanatics. They go so far as to say that Sun were the bad guy when MS changed Java with J++ and Javascript under IE. They say that Sun should have allowed MS to change the Java standard (even though it would only benifit MS and be specific to Windows) and that Sun's refusal to let them was just an anti-microsoft move.

Ha-ha.

The delusion some people are capable of is remarkable.

Matthew

20. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Gerald Holmes... oh boy...

micorsoft, linus, appllles... oh boy oh boy oh boy...

:D :D :D :D :D :D

irmongoose

21. dwdesign macrumors newbie

Is Gerald Holmes for real??? Or is he really an Apple user out to make PC users look dumb? If an apple user created an "I love Apple" page, at least they might spell Apple correctly. (Micorsoft) He spells it this way over and over. He doesn't understand punctuation either. Anyway, I got a good kick out of his site.