Windows Media Player 9 and Comedy Central clips

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by buckuxc, Sep 15, 2005.

1. buckuxc macrumors regular

hey all,

I've been trying and trying to watch clips from the The Daily Show from the Comedy Central home page, but continue to have problems using WMP. I re-downloaded WMP 9, reinstalled it and finally got a plugin in my MacHD>Library>Internet plugins folder. But now when I try to play the video, I get a warning window: "Cannnot open the file. Verify that the path and filename are correct and try again." and an Ok button (see attached jpg)

What is going on here? and what can I do?

Attached Files:

2. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

Try pressing play ASAP.

Other than that I remember a topic on CS not working for video. NBC does not support macs for video either.

3. Makosuke macrumors 603

Hmm... nope, I can play that exact video without issue on both Camino and Safari. WMP9, 10.4.2. What're you running?

The only other thing I can think to try would be reinstalling WMP, since after all it is a Microsoft program. Also don't forget to delete both of the prefs in your Library folder (both the .plist and the other one. Why are there two? Who knows.).

4. Panoctopi macrumors member

That's f****up! I'm running the same set up as you, just reinstalled WMP9 and I'm told that I'm missing a plugin... arrghh!

Edit: Tried FireFox and it worked...YAY!