"Windows media player 9 not found” message - please help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by florencevassy, Nov 1, 2004.

1. florencevassy macrumors regular

florencevassy

Hi Everyone!

I hope that you can help me -

I enjoy watching videos from the network channel websites ( abc.com / nbc.com etc.) OK, I admit I am addicted to the Apprentice and like to watch these things after the show :)

When I try to view a video, I always get the message "Windows media player 9 not found."

I have a fairly new (one month old) Powerbook with OS X. I have the most updated versions of Windows Media Player (version 9) and Internet explorer (version 5).

(I prefer Safari and Firefox but for this stuff I was told it is best to use IE :eek: )

I was looking to see if this specific problem was covered before but I don't think so....I read somewhere that this may be caused by Active X that is not compatible with the os x system but that is really beyond my knowledge. :confused:

You are a great group! Thanks for your help!

Flo

2. florencevassy thread starter macrumors regular

florencevassy

Help :-[

Can't someone help with this? Thanks.!

3. florencevassy thread starter macrumors regular

florencevassy

Windows media player not found - please someone help

Please please, no one has any idea about this??? I am sure that one of you know. I thought that nbc.com could help, but they do not answer email.

I really would appreciate any help you could help me. :( :confused:

Thanks, Flo

4. reckless_0001 macrumors 6502

I think Microsoft shortchanged us with this pathetic WMP 9 for Mac. They left out alot of essentials that the Windows version has... umm.. for example ... digital rights management ... I've been following the NONEXISTENT progress of the media player for WMP 9 for Mac OS X and it seems like we have to wait until they feel like giving us better support.. look here...

http://groups.google.com/groups?group=microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player.mac

and click here to ask for better support...

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/community/wish.aspx

5. reckless_0001 macrumors 6502