Windows Media Player and Tiger

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by BiggeeC, Jun 12, 2005.

1. BiggeeC macrumors regular

Hey everybody, I was trying to open a wmv file for the first time since installing Tiger. It wouldn't open. I tried to open it every way I knew how. I then got rid of the player and installed it again. Still nothing. Anyone else having this problem w/Tiger and WMV files or am I the crazy one?

2. reh macrumors 6502a

All my wmv por... er... movies work just fine with the latest Windows Media Player in Tiger.

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Some people are having issues with WMP and Tiger. Have you tried Mplayer or VLC? Both are free. Try VersionTracker.com

4. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I might be way off but a similar thing happened to me with Safari. I would click on it and it wouldn't open a window but it was running. It turns out that I was playing around with a dual monitor setup and never switched it out of that mode. It was opening Safari on the 2nd monitor. Perhaps Media Player is opening up on another screen?

You can also try creating a new user account and trying Media Player to see if the problem is local to your account or a system wide problem.

5. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

Windows Media Player 9.0.0 (3307) is working fine on my Powermac G5 running Tiger 10.4.1.

6. Xanderxxx macrumors member

I've alwways had issues with WMP, even when I was back on a PC. I hate the bugger.