Windows Media Player on Intel Macs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macreator, Mar 4, 2006.

1. macreator macrumors regular

macreator

So, I just recieved my MacBook Pro, and love it. One issue I have though is that I tried to install Flip 4 Mac and was told that it is only supported by PowerPC hardware. So, I then went to install Windows Media Player for Mac, only to encounter a .sitx document which I can't seem to open. Is there a way to use Windows Media Player on an Intel Mac yet? Or am I just going to have to wait on it? I ask because some of my media files are .wmv.

Any help is appreciated!

2. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Unorthodox

Microsoft killed Windows media player for the Mac. You'll just have to wait till an Intel version of flip for mac comes out. :(

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

you might be able to run WMP though rosetta. the .sitx is a compressed format. download Stuffit Expander, which is free, and it'll open it up for you. although i thought there was a version of Flip4Mac for Intel Macs now. :confused: (i guess i'm wrong)

4. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Bang on. Simply use Stuffit to expand, and then WMP will install.

5. Todd H macrumors regular

Todd H

I have Windows Media Player installed on my Intel iMac and it works without any problems under Rosetta.

6. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

If you click on get info of safari and quicktime player and check the box "open using rosetta" then install flip4mac it will work.