Windows Media Player on Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by theconverted, Mar 27, 2006.

1. theconverted macrumors newbie

I hope that this hasnt ben extensivly covered elsewhere. Ive looked into it but have found no satisfactory answer. I was wondering about playing windows media files. Ive tried flip-for-mac, but this isnt compatable with intel yet. Ive also heard that there used to be windows media for mac but i cant find an intel compatable WMP either. Any suggestions? Am I just going to have wait for an intel compatable flip-for-mac.

thanks for any advice

2. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

Fraid so. Thats one of the drawbacks of being an early adopter of the Intel machines. But hey, your laptop is way faster in some other stuff than a lot of us... so its kind of a trade off.

Unless the regular version of WMP will run under Rosetta, have you tried it?

3. theconverted thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks theBB and Heb1228 maybe Ill just try to download the WMP 9. I appreciate the link. Im extremely happy with my new macbook pro, even though I had an optical drive failure on my first book after only 3 days, then had to exchange. This is my first mac and this site has been invaluable. Thanks again for the help.