Windows Network and Transfering Files

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by bobpensik, Oct 26, 2003.

1. bobpensik macrumors regular

Hi All :)

Well i am currently awaiting the arrival of panther so i decided that i wanted to back up all my files so i can do a clean install of the system, as you can tell i am on a laptop, and am networked with my windows computers,

I have finally figured out how to let my windows machine see my mac and view all the files in my home directory so that is what i was looking for, but when i go to transfer my music files (all 8gigs of them) it pops up with the screen "Cannot copy File: Cannot Read From The Source File or Disk" but when i transfer anything else, like my pictures or documents it works fine!!

Anyone have any insight into this problem??? thanks

2. whfsdude macrumors 6502a

This maybe a little more than you have to do, but could you make a disk image of the folder and then transfer it?

3. bobpensik thread starter macrumors regular

how would i go about making a disk image of the folder??? (Sorry i am new to Mac's i have only had it for about a month :))

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

If you have MacOS X 10.2.8 or older, then you use DiskCopy to create an image from a folder. If you have MacOS X 10.3, you use Disk Utility. Go to Images->New->Image from Folder...