Windows Printer Sharing Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by StrangeQuark, Jun 13, 2004.

1. StrangeQuark macrumors member

I am trying to get my Powerbook to print to the USB printer on my PC via my wireless network. The queue on the PC shows the documents I send, and the printer makes noises that sound like it is beginning to print. However, it stops there, and nothing ever gets printed. Any assistance I can get in making this work would be greatly appreciated.

Setup

Powerbook 12" Rev C w/ Mac OS X 10.3
    802.11b Wireless network
    Lexmark Z605 USB Printer
    Dell Dimension 2350 w/ Windows XP Home

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I need help too...I can't get Windows to connect to my Mac's shared printer. I try to set it up, but Windows doesn't find it. I had Windows Sharing and Printer Sharing turned on when I tried the test. I've experimented with it, but Windows just won't cooperate :mad:

3. Oirectine macrumors regular

Oirectine

I'm having similar troubles. I can't get our USB printer which is connected to our PC shared to my Mac. :( It makes me sad because the printer totally kicks ass and when I want to use it, I have to send the file over to the Windows machine with SMB then print it from there. Grr.

4. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)

Same trouble here, too. I can get my Mac to print to my shared USB printer on my PC, though. I don't remember exactly what I did to get it to work though. I do remember that at first all I got was gibberish until I selected the right printer driver.... LOL. It had something to do with network settings... but that's a given. Hmm, I don't remember. Maybe unshared, then reshared? :confused:

5. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Windows found my shared printer now (after installing the printer driver), but when I try to print, nothing prints! Any ideas?