Windows printer Sharing??.. New Mac - NEED HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cmac101, Jun 16, 2006.

1. cmac101 macrumors newbie

I have a windows network with a linksys router connected to a desktop pc and two windows laptops connected to it with two shared hp printers. I just brought a macbook and apple support told me to put a dollar sign before the network password to translate it to windows network. It worked excellent. It works even better than my two windows laptops. However, I can't get my macbook to connect to my wireles shared printers. I've been on the phone with apple customer support for over two hours and they finally came to the conclusion that i needed to talk to hp or windows support. They were no help. My macbook sees the two printers but when i print even the simplest documents it comes out garbage the first page and prints out multiple blank pages. I don't know what to do! I've been working on this for two days and a friend told me avout this sight. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

2. macsrockmysocks macrumors regular

3. macsrockmysocks macrumors regular

Colin, go to this website NOW! My cell phone is dead and is being gay asking me for my SIM Pin number, and i have to call cingular tomorrow to get the PIN.http://www.ifelix.co.uk/tech/3015.html

4. cmac101 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I'm in the middle of restoring my ipod but i will try it when i am done and let u know wat happens

5. cmac101 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm really tired now and am going to bed but tomorrow i will try downloading that third party driver like the site says to see if it works. Thanks