Windows*&q#^$*&q^ Grrrr Stab Kill Kill Kill.............

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by AP_piano295, Jan 6, 2006.

1. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

DAMN I HATE WINDOWS GRRRR I cant stand it why do people put up with such a totally BULL S*** OS I cant belive this SH**. I guess xp had some critical security problem (what else is new) my dad stupidly used a windows update (never a good idea worse than a virus) now the GOD DAMN thing wont connect to network. NOT LIKE I DIDNT SPEND HOURS FIXING THE GOD DAMN THING LAST WEEK REFOURMAT GET THE NETWORK WORKING AGAIN ITS SUCH A PAIN IN THE ASS **** IT JUST **** IT. huh huh huh hu ok I feel a bit better... please proceed to insult windows might make me feel better. I hearby resolve to buy a powermac as soon as bf2 comes out for OS x.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

2. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Steve Jobs is going to be giving you an upgraded boyfriend? :eek: :eek: :D

4. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

5. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

My guess is the *&q#^$*&q^ Grrrr Stab slam dunked it. :)

6. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I sympetize with you.

Which reminds me I have to go fix my brother's malware infected POS, and wipe that and maybe teach him to at least say "Yes" or "Ok" when Windows tells him there's an upgrade ready. He'd been pressing "No" for two years up to the point where the PC just stopped working right before Christmas. I've just been putting it off for a while.

D*mn you for reminding me... :mad:

;)

7. AP_piano295 thread starter macrumors 65816

oh my bad lol

8. AP_piano295 thread starter macrumors 65816

?

9. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

We discussed this subject recently. Without being a jerk about it, I'd recommend you decline to repair your family's self-inflicted problems.

I got my fill of Windows doing the same thing for my family. Someone always says, "Oh, my computer's not working anymore, I think I'll buy a new one." By "not working", they don't mean a hardware failure, they mean Windows is so effed up they can't do anything with it anymore.

Of course, their idea of a solution is always to go out and buy another computer with Windows. I've warned 'em, I've told 'em till I'm blue in the face how I've had my iMac for four years now with no hardware failures, no OS screwups, and no connectivity problems, and how I use the computer and am more productive than all of 'em put together, but they just refuse to listen.

So now I'm done with, "Oh, Tom, can you please come over and help me get my computer re-connected to the internet?" or "Can you see why my computer hangs during startup?" Heck, these people aren't even smart enough to hold onto the install disks, so I am not going to sit there for hours on hold with tech support (as I used to) because they're too stubborn to listen to me.

I now politely decline to help anyone. If you don't want to listen to my advice, I don't want to hear about the resulting problems. Sorry.

And just to keep this forum-appropriate...it's Bush's fault!

10. tristan macrumors 6502a

Yeah, you need a T-shirt that says "I will not fix your computer".

That reminds me, my grandfather asked me to help him find a new computer the other day. Uh oh. (He won't buy a mac because he doesn't want to buy Office again.)

11. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Yeah. Did that with my girlfriend's father. Worked flawlessly. After a year of agony with a POS Compaq laptop, which I strongly suspect had a pirated Windows from the supplier :eek:, he caved and got a Mac mini last year. He's never been happier. :)

Problem is my brother cannot afford any Macs, not even a mini or an iBook (or so he says), so what can I do...? :eek:

I refuse to have anything to do with my mother and her boyfriend's PC, though (except I keep upgrading Firefox and Thunderbird when I'm using it every now and then). They have more than enough money to get any Mac they want. And it's not unlikely they will get one as their next purchase :))). He's a more-than-hobby musician and I've showed him Garageband on Apple's site a couple of times, and he's intrigued... ;)

Most of the other people I know well enogh to help with computers are either more than capable to take care of their PCs or have switched to Macs already... :)

BTW: Why is this thread still in the political section...? :confused:

12. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

or even:

I can fix your PC.
    But I won't.

13. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

heehee, gotta love family members. My sister, on New Years' Eve, decided to do a SP2 install on her XP box, using the disk. My dad came over and started it for her, then left, since all it had to do was run, right? :rolleyes: To be fair, my dad is pretty sharp with Windows boxes, but every time he touches my sisters pc, Murphy sticks his foot out and trips my dad up. So any way, New Year's Day, my sister calls near tears because her machine won't boot, and she needs it for school, which starts Jan 3. :eek: Anywho, I get the call around 3-ish, and spend the next 1.5 days reinstalling sofware, and saving her data (as well as her butt). I don't mind helping her though. She is on a VERY tight budget, and school required a pc, so she had to get one. Anyway, I told her that NEXT time, let ME do the update, and let me know at the beginning of winter break, not the freakin' END!

BTW, when I told her to bring the machine to my house so it could be worked on , she had the nerve to protest. I politely explained that any updates I need to do would be much quicker over cable internet, rather than her piddly crap dial up (besides, why should I get my lazy butt up? My machine works fine).

14. AP_piano295 thread starter macrumors 65816

Is there a way I can move it or do I have to wait for a mod?

15. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

PM whoever is on duty. Or start talking about the government, homosexuality, or God. Like: this is all Clinton's fault because he is Gates' Satan worshipping, gay lover. :p

16. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, that's why I said it was all Bush's fault. ;)

BTW, I've had at least one redemption. While I didn't have to "blackmail" her into doing it, I did convince my mom to dump her messed-up PC for a Mac mini. She'd just bought a new monitor before her PC jammed up, so it was easy to say, "Hey mom, Apple's got this cute little $499 desktop...".

That one, of course, I helped her set up, and she's enjoying it quite a bit.

Forum-appropriate comment: of course, because internet protocol is the same for Macs and PCs, I'm sure her e-mails are still being intercepted by ECHELON. ;)

17. crdean1 macrumors 6502a

crdean1

Send Al Gore an email. Since he invented the internet, maybe he could help you out with the network problem as well.

18. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

For once there's something in the political forum that requires no debate:

Windows really ****ing sucks.

Of course, we could debate the extent of the sucking. Like some might say it "really really ****ing sucks ****-shaped ****ed up donkey balls with a ********ing bitch whore of a mother" (which is also my favorite description of our President).

19. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Ahhh, well, it's staying in the political forum now! :eek: ;) :D

20. Stella macrumors 604

Stella